Dana Epperson adopted Nala, a Basenji/Pitbull mix, when she was just 2 weeks old! She was so young, in fact, that she had to bottle feed her every 4 hours until she was able to eat food on her own. For those of you unfamiliar with a Basenji, it is an African hound breed that doesn't have vocal cords! Instead of barking, they yodel. Nala still has her vocal cords, but she rarely barks. After moving to North Carolina and marrying her husband, Kelson, the two of them decided to expand their furry family by adopting Charlie, a Golden Retriever/German Shepard mix. Having come from a family with a special needs child, Charlie has an incredibly empathetic and loving demeanor. When their daughter, Addison, was born, both Nala and Charlie took to her immediately. Nala, in particular, has become Addison's best friend, loyally following the adventurous 2-year-old everywhere she goes!
- Her little sister, Addison
- LOVES car rides! But she only sits in the passenger seat
- Invading people's personal space
- Sucking on blankets like a pacifier... it's a habit she picked up as a puppy and never stopped!
- When we tell him that he's a good boy
- When Addison "accidentally" drops food
- Running wild through the snow
- Sleeping on the floor of the shower during the summer
- When she isn't the center of attention
- When we tell her that she can't sleep under the covers at night
- Getting her paws wet or cold
- Being left alone
- When Kelson tickles his paws
- Being the "middle" child
- Kelson's crazy "ideas" like putting a diaper on her, or dressing her in Addison's old clothes
- Snuggles with Kelson, because momma cuddles are best!
- Addison's horseback rides
- Trips to the groomers
- When we try to take him running